British Lung Foundation. Published online: June 2016
The Battle for Breath examines the overall extent and impact of lung disease across the UK. It also takes a closer look at the impact of 15 major lung conditions.
The new report is a valuable resource for policymakers, researchers, health care providers and more.
It explains in detail our new findings, and the changes that need to be made to tackle them.
- Lung disease is one of the top three killer diseases in the UK
- 115,000 people a year die from lung disease – 1 person every 5 minutes
- Mortality figures are roughly the same as 10 years ago, yet heart disease has fallen 15%
- 1 in 5 people in the UK have been diagnosed with a lung disease
- Every day, 1,500 new people are diagnosed with a lung disease
Read the full report here