The Healthcare Quality Improvement partnership (HQIP) has published National Oesophago-Gastric Cancer Audit 2016.
This report aims to give an overall picture of the care provided to patients with oesophago-gastric cancer or oesophageal HGD by NHS services.
It provides information on:
- The management of patients with HGD of the oesophagus
- Routes to diagnosis for OG cancer patients, and their staging investigations
- Treatment planning for OG cancer patients
- Patterns of curative surgery, admissions to intensive care, and short-term outcomes
- Use of radiotherapy in palliative treatment
- Longer term survival after diagnosis with oesophago-gastric cancer.
Additional link: HQIP press release