Dickson, J. Clinical Oncology. Published online: November 10, 2016
- •New consultants would like more exposure to advanced radiotherapy techniques during specialty training.
- •Out-of-programme activities helped prepare trainees for their first consultant post.
- •The FRCR Examination is seen as essential in a technical specialty like clinical oncology.
- •Challenges faced by new consultants include a heavy workload and frequent changes to job plan between interview and start date.
- •New consultants are often reliant on arranging informal mentoring with colleagues for advice and support by themselves.
Read the abstract here