Bruce, C.M. et al. Clinical Oncology | Published online: 17 April 2017
- There is ample scope to work with primary care to reduce cancer patient admissions.
- Only one quarter of cancer patients had an inpatient oncologist review.
- Median length of stay was 6 days; the literature suggests an AOS could reduce this.
- A pilot suggests a reduction in number of bed days can be achieved with an AOS.
- An AOS is likely to have a positive impact at an individual and national level.
Read the full abstract here